Sunday, June 19, 2011

Well, the streak was broken...





I did not ride to work Thursday or Friday. No excuses, I just didn't. Driving the car was ok, but not as fun as riding the Bandit.

And I didn't get out for a ride yesterday, either. Spent nearly all day outside, working on the yard and selling a couple of things on Craigslist.

So, today I was going to ride, if only for a short ride. I woke up and was thinking of taking a ride to breakfast but instead decided to take the kids with me to What A Burger. Taking the kids was the better choice. It was nice.

Then when I got home, I decided I was going to change the oil. And since that meant a trip to Wal Mart, I decided to pick up a couple of items I'd need for the week ahead. But, I decided to take the bike and make use of the 'luggage' I made.

So I picked up the 5 quart oil and a big bag of Doritos and hoped that would fit in my luggage.

I didn't want the oil to crush the Doritos so I sort of angled the oil in the case and set the bag on top of it. Sort of.

Regardless, it worked fine.

After letting the bike sit for a bit, I went out to change the oil. Letting the oil drain, I decided to check the tire pressure. They were both a little low. I had read somewhere you can use a bike pump to pump up tires. So, I decided to try it. I removed the adapter that was on the pump and aired the tires up. It worked pretty well.

So, got a short ride in, used my luggage, changed the oil and aired up the tires.

And for the record, I changed the oil at 43,255.

No comments: