Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nice short ride today...

A few months ago, I joined The Tallahassee Sportbikers, hoping to find some people to ride with and talk bikes with. I've ridden with them once before and it was cool. Seems like a good group of guys, but I haven't been able to get out too much on group rides, due to being old, married and with kids.

About the time I joined, another newish member started talking about putting on her own Poker Run, to sort of show that sportbikers can do community service type things. She started organizing it/thinking about it in mid February and had the Run today. I was not able to make due to my 4 year old graduating VPK and there was a celebration today. But, a few of the forum regulars were going to meet up beforehand and have a bite to eat and head over to the first stop together.

Anytime food (breakfast in particular) is mentioned with riding, I'm in :) So, at 9:30 I pulled up at the meeting spot and met a few new people. One of the forum peeps has the coolest bike I have ever seen. (Quick google search to see if I can find a picture of her set up.....)


It was not the usual side car. Her Concours has low profile car tires, front and back. It has a leading swing arm and was very cool. Very. Cool. It was a Hannigan Sidecar and one would look very cool on the Bandit....

After hanging out, seven of us rode over to Hardees foir a bit and then I peeled off from the group and went to a local shop to find out some tire prices. Seems the Bandit needs a new set.

Oh! While sitting at a red light waiting to turn onto I-10, I looked down and my bike was at 43,000 miles. I think I'll get up early tomorrow morning and clean and lube the chain and wipe it down with some Pledge.

Also, while I'm talking maintenance, I did a little on the site, too. Added a few links, deleted a few (Skutergruven, where did ya go!?!?) and have a few more to add. Of particular note, make sure you check out The Selvedge Yard. That site is extremely cool.

No comments: