Monday, June 20, 2011

Ride to work today?

I did and didn't even realize it was THE Ride to Work Day. This was my first one and I didn't even know it.

Didn't see to many bikes on the road but I did see Mr. Buell Guy and he returned the cool guy wave today. The ride in was nice and there were actually fewer bikes in the motorcycle parking than usual. I imagine it has something to do with the 100 degree heat forecast for today. When I went on break at 10:30, I walked outside to make sure my bike wasn't leaking oil (scroll back a few pages to see what I'm talking about).

The heat was stifling. At 10:30. Leaving work, I passed by a bank and the temp was 96 degrees. At 7:36.

The bike didn't leak a drop so the oil change was good. And of course, heading out of the office onto Capital Circle, I once again turned into a squid for a reasonably short amount of time. And I have to say, the Bandit at 9000 rpms sounds gooooood. Thankfully, my 'squidliness' comes and goes quickly, because as I topped the hill, there was a FHP trooper sitting in the median. I waved as I rode by at a reasonable speed.

So, for my first RTW day, it was pretty cool.

And for my sake, here's a picture of a brand that has really started to look really good to me:




Leave it to me to really start to dig a brand of bike, right after they go out of business   .....

No comments: