Friday, June 10, 2011

I guess I'm a commuter now....

By my records, I've ridden to work every day the past two weeks. Cool. I didn't really make a conscious effort to ride my bike to work every day, it just sort of started. After a few days, it became kind of automatic. Plus, summer break started so it is even easier to ride the Bandit now.

I'm getting a lot more used to the bike, much more comfortable riding, smoother. Not nearly anywhere close to being a really good motorcycle rider, but I think I'm getting better.

As I have mentioned before, there are a number of riders in the complex where I work. Today there weren't as many riders as usual. Don't know why, it was a little cooler than it had been the last couple of days. I think it was only 91 at 7:45 this evening!

There is a guy at work that has a Harley. At least he says he has one :) He's admitted he would never ride it to work, because 'he doesn't like how people park in the parking lot at work'.... Anyway, he rags on me a little for riding a Kawasaki ( heheh! ) and I rag on him for not riding a Harley. It's all in fun and I must admit he actually thought my 'lugagge' was pretty cool.

I was walking out of the office and he called me over. He introduced me to one of his buddies who has a Vulcan 1500. Nice guy, seemed he enjoyed giving Harley Guy a little guff, too. All in fun.

Today they stopped by and the Vulcan Guy handed me a flyer. Seems his riding group is putting together a ride to the Dragon's Tail and have scored some really nice prices on accommodations. If only there was a bit more time, I'd go. But I need a little more time than a week and a half to order and install new tires and set the reservations and more importantly, earn enough brownie points with my wife.

I didn't get a chance to ask Harley Guy if he was riding on the trip :)

No comments: