Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rode to work today.

Awesome fun as always. Even though you must be more aware of what is going on, I find riding the Bandit gives me time to think about things. Temps were in the 70's on the way in, warm and a little humid but not bad at all. Traffic wasn't bad and I got to work in plenty of time.

Work was fine, as usual and the Bandit had some good company today. I parked next to a Suzuki Burgman, a Harley, a Triumph and an old Kawasaki 454. I've met the guy on the Suzuki and the owner of the Kawasaki.

A month or two ago, the Burgman owner pulled up as I was parking. As he parked I nodded and said 'Nice scooter!'. He looked at me sideways, as if I was going to say something else. I continued and told him Burgmans were cool. He realized I was serious and we chatted. He was suprised that the engine is bigger than the engine in the Bandit. He told me he was new to riding but loved it. I imagine so, I bet that Burgman is comfortable!

The guy with the Kawasaki I met a few months ago and had a nice chat with him. He rides probably more than anyone else, I almost always see his bike, and the days I don't, he may park in the other motorcycle parking. Nice guy and a cool bike. Like I said, I like old ratty bikes.

After a long ten hour workday, I was ready to hop on the bike and ride home. I opened the door and stepped outside and was whalloped by the heat! Wow, when did the middle of summer get here? It felt like August out there! Riding home, at 7:45, the bank thermometer said 97 degrees!

Regardless, it was still a great ride home :)


No comments: