Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rain.


That's what it did yesterday. First time in months. I got to watch it most of the day at work, all the while thinking about how 'fun' the ride home would be.

On bad tires.

On bad, old tires.

On bad, old, mismatched tires.

On bad, old, mismatched tires with one of them being a Shinko.....

Ok, it wasn't that dire, the tires still have enough tread and the Shinko's never given me any problem. But, I was worried about how slick the roads were.

And they were slick. And the bike did not feel settled at all, although I didn't have a problem. I just slowed down and braked lightly.

And it only took me ten minutes to unclench from the seat once I got home....

That being said, the Bandit not only needs a new seat but it needs new tires!

2 comments:

Glynn.Duchesney said...

Dont know what nonsense you have heard, but tires do not have to be "matched" to be safe. In fact, sometimes its by mixing and matching your tires that you find the best balance for your style of riding on your particular bike. Also, dont let anyone tell you there is anything wrong with Shinko as a whole. They have to meet DoT standards the same as Dunlop. Kenda gets a bum rap too, but mine is outstanding for my style of riding. Dont make the mistake of believing what passes for fact these days without doing a ton of research.

Scott said...

Oh, I know, remember, you and I were both scooter guys, so we both know to research and not believe everything you hear.

The tires have done fine for me, but they are getting a little worn and I do need a set soon, though.