Friday, June 15, 2007

Rode to work today!

Well, I decided that today was the day for my first ride to work.

I had to take two of the three kids to the Junior Museum (No, I won't call it the Tallahassee Museum, thank you very much) so I dropped them off and headed back home to get the scooter.

I had taken a long drive yesterday and the steering felt a little off. Not really bad, but just a little off. I figured it might be the tire pressure so on the way home, stopped and bought a digital tire pressure gauge. Sure enough, the pressure was low so I stopped off and aired the tires up.

I then took off on Tharpe Street and the scooter handled a bit better. I turned onto Old Bainbridge and headed to downtown. There's something about riding the scooter that is just cool. It's impossible to describe but I pulled into the parking lot with a huge grin on my face, hidden by the face shield. I wasn't able to park next to the two huge Harley's in the lot though, no room.

Oh, at my first stoplight, a Mom pulled next to me and from the back seat, a small girl, maybe three, pulled up from her seat to take a look at my scooter. I think she liked it by the big smile she had on her face. I waved and beeped my horn and the lights then turned green so I took off.

I can't wait for lunch to go ride some more.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: