Saturday, June 30, 2007

Meet, ride, Museum, chicken, ride, rain!

Well, that pretty much sums up today. See you guys later.

No, actually, that doesn't nearly describe today. We met up at Lake Ella this morning at ten (more or less) I was the last to arrive and :

Glynn on his Roketa Tahiti 150
Roger on his orange Kymco Exciting 250
Me on my green Piaggio LT150
Tim on his Suzuki Burgman 650
and Troy on his brand new black TNG Verona

After some chat we headed out. Glynn led us around Lake Ella onto Meridian. We turned on Betton and rode across Thomasville Road and turned left on Centerville. We turned onto Fleischman and then hit Miccosukee Road, a very nice, shady, canopy road. It was really nice riding on that road, I didn't want to turn off it, but we did and soon ended up on Mahan at the Tallahassee Antique Car Museum.

I had never been so I was looking forward to it. I was blown away, there are a lot of seriously cool cars here. There are even several Cushman and All State scooters. There are even two Batmobiles and a Bat Boat for good measure. This is a seriously neat museum. While we were all looking at the cars, Roger asked me which car I would pick if I could choose one car to take.

I looked at the VW Bug that was present but since it wasn't a really rare Split Window Bug (49-53) or a rare Oval Window (54-57) I didn't pick it, although it was a really nice '70 Bug. I didn't think I'd be able to single one of these cars out but a few feet down the row, I found the car I'd take, hands down, no questions. A Ford GT. What an awesome car. There were two at the museum, but I liked the yellow one best, but I'd take the red one if I had to. One of them had the original window sticker. For such a powerful car, it gets 13 mpg in the city. Impressive, huh? It also listed a price of only $154,000. Yup, $154,000.

After we left the museum we walked over to the Rose and Thorn where a waitress met us outside. She told us the kitchen wasn't open and when asked why, she said the cook didn't show and the other cook didn't want to come in. Ok, then.

We headed over to Wing Stop and that was a good choice, the food was great. After some lively conversation about such topics as classical music, politics and world affairs, Roger suggested another ride. We all agreed, so Roger led us out onto Mahan Road.

We turned on Pedrick, then took a left on Buck Lake, through Chaires, across 27 and then took a right on Old Saint Augustine Road. This was another really nice narrow canopy road. We rode it all the way back to town where we ended up at All About Scooters.

Roger kept talking up the 250 size scooters and I broke down and sat on a 250 People and a 250 People S. That was a bad bad decision. They felt nice......

This is where I repeat to myself, 'I love my Piaggio, I love my Piaggio, I don't need a 250, I love my Piaggio'.

Roger headed out and a few minutes later, we all decided to head home. Glynn and I shared part of the ride but right at Monroe Street, it started to rain. We got soaked and Glynn had problems seeing so we took shelter at the What-A-Burger on Thomasville Road where we waited out the storm.

After yet more intellectual chat, this time about history and literature, and after I found out where I could meet my wife to pick up a key to the house, we headed down Thomasville Road, He turned off on Metropolitan and I went on to Timberlane where I met my wife.

Todays meet and ride was a lot of fun and I'm sure we can schedule some more rides. Pictures will be posted soon, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Pen Ultimate said...

Thanks for the Scootdawg tip. I think I've got a carb adjustment due me by the dealer, so I'm not gonna sweat it too much. May drop it off at his place Tuesday, if it doesn't settle in before then. :)
.