Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rain!

Well, living in North Florida, I knew I'd get soaked while riding. It happened today. I was at the office near I-10 and Thomasville Road and decided to head home slightly ahead of 5 o'clock traffic. I walked into our lobby and noticed it was dark. I stepped outside and headed out quickly. About a mile down Thomasville road the first few drops hit with a nice loud thunk on my helmet. Soon, it was pouring. My upper legs stayed dry for a while but eventually I was pretty soaked. I decided to pull over and hide under the roof of a gas station and the rain let up a little. I decided to try it and headed out.

It wasn't that bad, actually. I took my time and drove as carefully as I could. The only problem is my glasses got wet so it was a bit hard to see. The roads were white with the salt and chemicals and whatever else gets baked onto a road.

But, although it's not something I want to do every day, I was ok driving in the rain.

Oh, one more thing, we have people joining our group almost everyday. This is very cool. If this keeps up, we can show up at Hooters or Famous Daves and outnumber the Harley riders!

But seriously, if you are interested in maybe meeting and riding with other scooter owners, send me an email or simply sign up on the forum to the right, ok?

No comments: