Saturday, July 28, 2007

Anyone want to go on a road trip?

See, I was looking at a local Helix, and although it was beat and the frame was bent, it was the most comfortable seat I had ridden on. So, deciding I really needed a Helix, I looked on Ebay to see what was there. Take a look at this:

MY NEW SCOOTER!!!

*Ahem*

Ok, so I think I got a great deal (how much are those parts worth alone?!?!) but the scooter is in North Georgia. So, how cool would it be to go get the darn thing and make a road trip out of it? I might even go and stay over night and pick it up the next morning. Ok, that's a lie, I'll pick it up the minute I pull into town.

But seriously, anyone want to see North Georgia? :)

7 comments:

Robert said...

a woman in lake city road her helix from florida to canada and back a cpl of yrs ago and had no problem with it. she road with a motorcycle group and kept up with them the whole trip

Scott said...

Well, they are ugly but I think that seat is the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on, any seat, not just motorcycle or scooter seat.

Plus, things that are so ugly they are cool appeal to me for some reason.

Timothy Bath said...

Great news Scott! When are you going to pick it up?

(I'll have to pass on the road tirp to North Georgia, have spent way too much time in a cage over the past couple of weeks!)

Timothy Bath said...

I have read and re-read the eBay auction and I think you are right Scott. The seller does sound like they are honest. Hope you get it soon and everything works out! Hey maybe it will even have turn-signal reminders! ;-)

Scott said...

It does click!!! So maybe I won't leave the blinkers on every time...

Pen Ultimate said...

Awesome! Congrats!

They may be ugly, but they're one of the most reliable scoots in that class. You'll probably get a lot of riding out of it (and with all the new parts, that'll make maintenance less expensive for a while, too).

There's an old guy in my neighborhood who has a mid-80s Helix who wants $800 for it, and I am sorely tempted... but I wanna get my legal issues resolved first and foremost. :)
.

Scott said...

That's a steal! Check Ebay for some comps :)