Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wow! It's HOT!!!

And HUMID!!! Ok, this isn't a big suprise to anyone that has lived here longer than 2 days, but it bears saying.

I wanted to see how comfortable I'd be riding the Scooter in this nasty hot and sticky weather so I decided to drive over to the shop and drop my scooter off so they could replace the valve cover gaskets and have my wife pick me up when she got off work. So, it was a little after four when I left.

Except for the wait at Monroe, it wasn't bad at all, really. Sure, it was warm but not so bad I'd rather be in the van with ac and radio.

All About Scooters was a big swamped with work and since the scooter isn't leaking much oil at all, just a drop or two every few days, I didn't leave the scooter. I returned home but about halfway home, I noticed my oil light come on. It stayed on for about two seconds, then went off. I was at a stop sign when it came on. I hadn't driven WOT at all but was riding at a decent speed. The rest of the way, the light stayed off but it is worrisome. Anyone have any idea why the light came on for a couple of seconds? There was plenty of oil in the scooter.

All advice welcome!

3 comments:

Timothy Bath said...

It was very hot on Wednesday!

Has your oil light come on since? You said it has plenty of oil... Did you check the oil level yourself? (Something I still need to learn to do for my Burgman!!!) I would do an internet search to see if it has happened to anybody else who own that scooter. Hope it's nothing!

Scott said...

I did check the oil, it is fine. The light has not come on since then, and I check it frequently while driving it. I drove to work yesterday and it was fine. Found an excellent route, was home in around 10 minutes....which sucked, cause then I had no real reason to keep riding in 98 degree heat...

delrond said...

Man my only problem is riding my scooter when its too cold!

Just thought id say hi and inform you that i have just set up a blog

http://modvespa.com (any feedback greatily apprecited)