Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A few things I have learned on a scooter and other random thoughts...

1. Honda Civics and Acura Integras might as well equal bad drivers. Every time I see someone driving stupidly around me while I'm on the scooter, it is one of these cars.

2. Some people will drive insane speeds to keep from being out run by a scooter.I was at a stop light on Tharpe Street, where the road goes from two lanes to one and next to me in the lane that had to merge, was some guy in a brand new Cadillac STS. When the light turned green, he absolutely floored it so he could get around me...and it took a few seconds before he could. It would have been funny if it wasn't so sad.

3. Woodville Highway, The speed limit signs there (45 mph and 55mph) are really just a suggestion. Glynn and I were passed by people that had to be doing 70 mph. Sheesh, slow down, people!

4. Isn't it strange what you get used to? To me, having spent most of my life in Florida, except for six months in Alaska, alligators don't bother me, if I'm a reasonable, watchable distance away. But people from other parts of the country get really freaked out when they see one.

5. The grass IS greener..... I love my Piaggio...but wouldn't it be cool to be able to cruise at 60mph? 65mph? It would, indeed.....

No comments: