Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Scooter Storage!!!!

I have storage on my scooter now! I bought what is essentially a small duffel bag with a vinyl bottom and two metal clips on bungy cords for securing the bag to the scooter rack.

Well, I had to make a rack. I didn't want to special order a rack or pay whatever it would cost. So I decided to take a look at the local Lowes and see if I could find something that would work. Shelby, my 11 year old stepdaughter and I stopped by today and found a wire shelf that they cut to the right size. So when I got home, it was pretty simple to use some zip ties to tie it down and some felt strips to (hopefully) protect the scooter's finish.

Once it was attached, the case sat right on top and clipped right on. I stuffed the scooter cover inside (main reason I wanted storage, now I can ride to work and leave the scoot outside) and took a ride around the neighborhood.

Isn't it amazing how a short little ride on your scooter can really just smooth everything out? Today wasn't really a bad day, but I was getting a little cranky, since I got very little sleep last night (one year old beautfiul, sweet, loving, insomniac daughter free to good home) but the ten minutes I spent riding around pretty much erased my looming crankiness.

Also, anyone have any idea why Blogger no longer allows me to post Headlines with my posts? Weird. Ok, I went to the help function and found the answer on another blog. It seems you have to center your mouse slightly above the title window. Wow, wonder what caused that?

No comments: