Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vacation time.

And when it sort of worked out that I needed to ride the Bandit to the beach, I was even happier. So, Sunday morning, we all woke up, got ready, loaded up the Explorer and the Wife and Family headed out. After I got ready, I hopped on the Bandit and followed.

But like most of my Bandit trips, it started here :

Photobucket

The Taquito was especially good, knowing I have the week off. So, I took my time and read the newspaper and enjoyed my breakfast.

After breakfast, I headed out of town in the quickest way possible, which took me by my office. I swung in for avery quick photo.

Photobucket

The ride was nice and uneventful but I was planning on stopping in Carrabelle for some history.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Back in the 70's, there was a show called Real People . For a 9 year old kid, it was an awesome show. I was completely amazed when it did a feature on a spot that was fairly local to me. Hey, I was 9 years old, cut me some slack.

But you have to admit, the police station is pretty cool, huh?


Photobucket

Soon after you pass through the small town of  Carrabelle, you hit Carrabelle Beach, where I spent many a hot Summer day back when I was a young kid.  So, I had to stop and take a few pictures. The place is exactly the same as it was 30 years ago. It just seems a lot smaller....

Photobucket


Photobucket

I hope these pictures convey a little of my area and experiences. I by no means whatsoever claim to be anything more than some guy with an old digital camera. Maybe when I have the correct date on my shots, I'll act like a photographer :)

Anyway, the beach house is nice, all the kids are asleep and I'm heading to bed, too...

No comments: