Thursday, August 16, 2007

So, about the Helix I bought....

Well, if you remember, I won an auction on Ebay for a 1999 Honda Helix. I won the auction for a very good price, especially when you add the cost of the free new parts that came with the scooter; two new tires, new belt, brake pads and shoes. All Honda parts.

I spoke to the Seller by phone several times and exchanged email, also. We were trying to figure out how I was going to get the scooter and we talked about him bringing it down, if I paid for his gas both ways. I agreed and the next morning he emailed me asking for the deposit so he could bring the scooter down, since he was going out of town in three days so the sooner, the better. He had almost 700 feedbacks on Ebay so I figured he was good for it.

I sent the deposit on July 31st and called and emailed him that day. And the next day. And the day after that. And again and again, just for kicks. I never heard from him. He had said he was going through a divorce and had been having tests run at the Hospital and he was going out of town, supposedly.

So, I contacted Paypal and Ebay to get my money back. They are currently working on it, although the Ebay guy didn't sound too aware. He kept asking me if I could call him and get in touch and solve the problem. He didn't seem to hear me when I kept telling him I had called every day since the 31st and had not heard back from the Seller.

It's just a bit puzzling, this guy had a ton of good feedback and had been responsive before I sent the deposit. I don't think he took the money and ran so I guess something happened. But, unless he keeled over dead, if he was such a decent guy, wouldn't he either send an email or make a quick phone call and tell me something came up?

It's just weird. Then again, I now have a Kymco in the garage, so I'm better off. But a Helix for $1575 would have been just fine to me.

2 comments:

Timothy Bath said...

You keep saying you have this Kymco People 250 but we have never seen pictures of it. We are starting to think you dreamed it all up!

;-)

Tim

Scott said...

Ha! Too bad you and Kristin (and everyone else that has stopped by All About Scooters) has seen it!