Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What an absolutely gorgeous day.....

It is generally understood that August in Tallahassee is going to suck. Heat. Humidity. More heat. Any time after 11am means either disgustingly hot temperatures or torrential downpours which end and turn into disgustingly humid and hot temperatures.

So I was amazed when I turned on the TV this morning to check the weather. The Weather Guy said temps were in the high 60's - low 70's. What? Really?

I couldn't wait to get out of the house and get on the bike for the ride to work.

Opening the door, I was met with a dry, cool car port. No sticky humidity. No fogging up eyeglasses.

Riding to work, I actually felt cool. It was awesome.

Riding to lunch was warm. Just warm. Didn't even break a sweat. At 1pm. In Florida. On August 16th!!!!

O(f course this means it will soon return to 150 degrees. But it sure was nice.

No comments: