Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Every time I ride to work....

I keep trying to figure out why I'm not riding to work every day. Well, sometimes I just feel bad and decide to drive the car, instead of taking my son to the bus stop, going home, parking the car, gearing up and riding the bike.

I used to think it would take too long to do what I just described but have since proven I actually get to work just as soon as if I drive. Reasons for that is that on the bike I get to park right in front of my office, which saves quite a long walk from the outskirts of the parking lot. Also, somehow, it seems as if the actual trip is quicker on a bike. Not that I ride like a squid or anything but I am able to go a little quickewr and maybe pick a better lane a little more than in the car.

Of course, rain means riding is out. Although.....I could take an outfit to work and if I got caught in the rain on the way in, I could change. Not really considering a rain suit since it is already warm in my jacket and shirt on the way to work these mornings, and pretty soon it will be quite warmer.

Regardless, I am going to do my best to ride to work since it puts me in a great mood that usually lasts at least a couple of calls into my morning :)

No comments: