Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A review of my new Scorpion Exo 400.

Again, I do not have a lot of experience with helmets, my experience is limited to a few hundred miles with the Scorpion and 5 thousand or so with my old too big Zues Helmet.

In a word, this helmet is awesome. It fits very well, and I sort of like the tightly snug fit. It's much quieter than my old helmet, but again, that's probably from the fact the helmet didn't fit correctly to begin with. Around town and even riding around 60 mph, the helmet is very quiet. I can hear my bike at those speeds!

With the vents open, you can get some whistling but it's not really worth mentioning. Also, the faceshield fogs up first thing in the morning but as soon as you click into gear and move a few feet, it clears right up. Honestly, this worries me a little since we have yet to hit our 'warm' Summers.... But I imagine any helmet would have that problem here in Florida.

All in all, I am really glad I took a chance and grabbed the helmet. I have a feeling it's as nice as any high dollar helmet and I got it for a fraction of the cost.

Oh, and a word about motorcyclegear.com . As I stated in my last post, I spoke to one of their reps online and he was great. He listened to my questions and gave me an honest opinion, which was basically 'I think it will fit but I can't be sure but let me tell you about our return policy...' I appreciate honesty much more than 'Buy it, buy it, BUY IT!!!' you can sometimes get from salesmen.

So, if you are looking for something bike related, check them out. You may find a deal too good to pass up.

No comments: