Sunday, May 15, 2011

It is definitely not Miller Time!

I was checking out Maximum-Suzuki and saw this thread. To make a long story short, this is what the guy found when he went in his bike to do a valve adjust:


And the bike ran fine....

A few months ago, I was reading Rider Magazine and they have a feature where a mechanic on staff talks about easy fixes, common problems and assorted bike maintenance and repair. He was talking about stuff he has found in oil drain screens and basically said that if those bikes ran with that stuff in the system, then a few small metal flakes shouldn't make much difference. My thought on that is that I'd rather not have anything in my oil except oil, although that is a purpose of oil: to take guunk out of the system.

That does make you wonder how long it had been in the bike, though....

No comments: