Monday, September 24, 2007

I-10 on my scooter? No problem!

I woke up Sunday morning and got ready to go meet up with whoever from the No Club that was going to ride. Heading out of Killearn, I realized that if I went the long way, I may be a bit late. So, seeing as it was 7:30 am on a foggy Sunday morning, I thought about taking I-10.

It would only be a short run, taking the next exit, but still, the People is a pretty light scooter and I-10 is pretty mangled from the expansion work. However, the expansion work does keep traffic a bit slower.

So, as I approached I-10, I only saw two cars cross over the overpass so I pulled onto the on ramp. Yes, I had a big grin on my face and a tight pucker on the seat of the Kymco.

There were two cars ahead of me as they soon merged onto the Interstate, then it was my turn.

There was no traffic at all, I only got passed by one car. It was actually a nice ride. Sunday morning was cool and very foggy. I even opened up my heater vents and they put out a little warmth for my knees.

A few minutes later, I took the exit and then headed north on Monroe and quickly made it to the meeting spot at Hardees. Pulling in, I saw two big cruisers and pulled up next to them.

We said our hellos and talked bikes and scooters for a few minutes to see if anyone was going to join us. Noone did so we headed out.

I wish I could tell you how we got to Wingate's, but all I know is we took some really nice back roads and had some really nice scenery on the way. Soon we pulled up to Wingate's and went inside for a nice old style breakfast (but get the grits instead of the hash browns) and plenty of stories.

I'm horrible with names but the two guys were a few years older than me so I shut up and listened and thoroughly enjoyed the stories. After a long while, we paid up and headed back to Tallahassee.

It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I joined the club (especially since the normal scooter guys haven't been up for a ride lately....) and I must say my Kymco did just fine with the two Honda 1200 and 1300 cc motorcycles. But, they absolutely sounded better.

Can I get twin pipes on my Kymco?

4 comments:

Timothy Bath said...

Sounds like a great ride. (I was up past 2 am Sunday morning and missed KSU. Are you going to make it out to Famus Dave's for Bike Night Wednesday?

irondad said...

Only if you get ape-hangers, too! Otherwise your arms would be too close to the pipes. :)

Scott said...

Errr.....you do realize my scooter LOOKS like a SCOOTER? But if you go, I'll go :)

Timothy Bath said...

I will be going. Do you want to meet there or meat somewhere else and ride there? I work only a mile (or less) from Famous Dave's.