Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ever seen a Roketa Scooter Dealership?

I had never seen one in person, but recently, Sunshine Motorsports opened their door in nearby Havana.

I had a day off and no duties at our new childcare, Superstar Kids, so after a nice breakfast at What A Burger (their taquitos are excellent!), I headed over to Havana.

I found their store and walked in. The showroom is full of Roketas! To be honest, except for Glynn's Roketa, I hadn't seen many in person. So, after meeting the owner, Tad, I took a look around. They have several ATV's, including a really sharp looking 250cc but I was there to see the MC 54B.

I must say, the Roketa MC 54B looks very nice, take a look at it here. It's big and comfortable and looked like it was well put together.

After talking for a while with Tad, he offered to let me take it for a ride. I accepted and headed out. It rode very smoothly but the acceleration was a bit lackluster. However, the scooter had less than 8 miles on it and it was not broken in, so I expect that the acceleration would imrove with a few hundred miles on it.

So, anyone thinking of a Chinese scooter might want to take a short trip to Havana and take a look. They also had a number of nice looking 150cc scooters and 49cc scooters.

I wish they had one of the 200cc dual sports, though. I keep thinking that would be a perfect bike to have in this area....

2 comments:

irondad said...

Of course it doesn't seem to accelerate quickly. Your wrist is still hungering for the Yamaha sport bike!

Scott said...

I do not need a 1000cc super bike, I do not need a 1000cc super bike,
I do not need a 1000cc super bike.